Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wotcha!



Hello and welcome if you just just moseyed over from the other place. It's possible you weren't aware that before I made my triumphant entry into the YA world, I had another book to my name. It's possible that I, also, was not aware of this. Knickers In A Twist, my dictionary of British slang was published in 2006. 
The publisher and myself took a stealth approach to marketing. We decided to let the public discover it for themselves. Many publishers before and since have also adopted such a tactic. But in this case, it actually worked. Knickers is now in it's fourth(4th)printing.
Why won't you stop selling, book??
So now I've come up with an even more unique idea: what if I actually lifted a finger--one finger, the others are occupied-- and attempted to direct a little attention towards this gift that keeps on giving?

If you're an Anglophile and need to know how to converse with hoodies in High Wycombe. If you're an Anglo-hater and want to insult plebs from Plaistow. If you're befuddled by the Glaswegian glottle-stop. If your enjoyment of BBC America is marred by the endless, unexplained pop-culture references that pop up on  Gavin And Stacey. If you're doing business with a Brit or dating one or attempting to win an argument with one, you need to know what they're talking about. Which is where Knickers comes in.

From now on, I'll be posting up invaluable words and phrases, many plucked from the pages of the book, some brand-new.

Don't thank me. It's all part of the service. And after all, I wouldn't want to leave you on your todd. (On your what? That's why you need to read the book!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home